Skip to main content

An Elf Warrior's Winter

She drew her sword and gazed out over the ice. The enemy was near, and she would be ready for them…

I’m back for another wintery pic, and once again I’m wearing (and seriously loving) the Logo Paris mesh head, this time with a head from the Skinnery! My outfit is a tad chilly for winter weather, but let’s just say she’s really warm-blooded. Also, she’s wearing candles, so that has to count for something, lol!

My location of choice is Echo Ridge, a beautiful snow-covered landscape featuring a frozen lake and a number of cozy cottages hidden amongst the trees. I was blown away by the beauty of the region, but what really stood out for me was the incredible (and I mean incredible) texture of the ice. I don’t know how else to describe it; it’s just so… Lifelike?

The other thing that I loved was the sound effects that had been incorporated into the surroundings, including the sound of “acoustic dispersion” that’s often heard on frozen lakes such as this. If you’re wondering what the heck I’m talking about, frozen lakes often make a series of high- and low-pitched noises akin to a blaster in a Star Wars film, caused by fluctuations in temperature. The link I provided includes a video of a man skating over ice in Sweden, and you hear a lot of the noises I’m talking about. Anyway, I just thought this was a perfect touch!

First Pic Credits:

Hair: *~* Damselfly*~* Xander Rigged Mesh Light Reds
Head: LOGO Paris Advanced Animation Head
Ears: BentBox Sylvan Ears
Eyes: Mana. // Hope Light Eyes
Skin: [theSkinnery] Inger (LeLutkaEvoX) honey
Face Tattoo: Lenore – Selene / Tribal Tattoo Evox
Sword: Poseidon The Swallow 8
Fur Cloak: ~{Bloodseeker}~ Signy Fur
Halo: Attitude is an Artform – Sleek Halo – Curved Candles
Top: [The Forge] Shiva, Oil
Bracers: [The Forge] Eldar Armour, Female
Skirt: Dark Intentions – Tartan Loin Cloth
Boots: Eudora 3D Aerendyll

Taken at Echo Ridge (rated Moderate). http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Amaria/114/49/22


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upcycled Chic at After the Fall

     She was determined to rule a kingdom, even if that meant ruling over the discards of others...

Defending the Land of Pemberley

Defending the countryside from all who would threaten it, our lady of the Yule season is a force to be reckoned with! But the question is, what foe is she fighting?

Grandmother of Shadows

If you solve her riddle she will give you three wishes… But they come with a price. Are you willing to pay it?