Skip to main content

Exploring the Fallen Kingdom

Pausing to gaze at the ruins of her former kingdom, she reminisced on what once was…

I wanted find a location where I could take a picture of my alt as a sort of wood elf. Perusing the Second Life destination guide led me to a page about WillowWood, a location full of beautiful trees, meadows, and ruins.

According to the description I read on the destination guide, WillowWood is “A once thriving town reduced to ruins and secluded happy places. If you are looking for a peaceful easy feeling indulge yourself in the serene graces of WillowWood. A masterpiece design created by one of SL's most accomplished region designers, Terry Fotherington.”

After reading this, I googled Terry Fotherington and ended up following his Flickr page, because it’s so full of utterly gorgeous pictures featuring fashion, landscaping, and décor. Some of the other regions he has designed include Pemberley, La Plage Perdue, Frogmore, and Sainte Rose sur Mer. I feel so silly for not having heard of him before, but I’ll be sure to keep an eye out for more of his builds now!

First Pic Credits:


Hair: Magika - Monarch
Head and Ears: LeLutka Nova Head
Skin: Ghost Ink \\ Alice Skin // Tone 03 Evo X
Bow and Arrows: Broken Arc – Wildspur’s Fatpack Weapon set
Top: *Les Encantades* Basic shirt set
Bodysuit, Vest, Bracers: Petrichor – Togruah Outfit FULL
Leggings: Lassitude & Ennui Vintage striped pants – grey

Taken at WillowWood (rated Moderate). http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/WillowWood/129/75/27




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upcycled Chic at After the Fall

     She was determined to rule a kingdom, even if that meant ruling over the discards of others...

Defending the Land of Pemberley

Defending the countryside from all who would threaten it, our lady of the Yule season is a force to be reckoned with! But the question is, what foe is she fighting?

Grandmother of Shadows

If you solve her riddle she will give you three wishes… But they come with a price. Are you willing to pay it?