Skip to main content

Elixir of Fae

 

A vial of elixir from the fairy realm can seem tempting, but you know what they say about eating or drinking anything from the Fae...

When I came up with the first line for this blog post, I got to thinking about myths & legends regarding Faeries and other supernatural beings. There's a video, in particular, that talks about Elves, Dwarves, Fairies, and Goblins in Canadian Settler Folklore, by Hammerson Peters. Did I mention that I'm Canadian? 

The aforementioned video deals more with Eastern and Central Canada, but it's still incredibly fascinating. I *am* born in Winnipeg, so I do have some roots in that part of the country, but for the last 20+ years I've lived on Vancouver Island. The Hammerson Peters channel covers a lot of supernatural folklore relating to Canadian history, and it covers all different parts of Canada, so it's worth a look if you're into that sort of thing. 

Speaking of Canadian traditions, we just celebrated Canadian thanksgiving this past weekend. What are some of your thanksgiving traditions, if you celebrate?

Anyway, have a great October, and if you meet a Fae offering you a tempting vial of elixir, maybe think twice before accepting it! 

Picture Credits:

Hair: Raven Bell – Luna Hair [Crystal]

Head: LOGO Mae Head

Skin:  (Enfer Sombre*) Genus Skin – Fairy tone - Danna

Ears: from Lelutka Zora head

Ear Markings: Sunniva . Mushi Blush

Potion: Oyi – Alchemy Potion

Wings: Astara - Hologram Butterfly Wings

Lingerie: Spells & Charms to go – Leana Lingerie (originally released for the Saturday Sale, available at main store) 

Wall Lantern: Oyi – Alchemy Lamp

Flower: Raindale - Nightmoors lantern


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upcycled Chic at After the Fall

     She was determined to rule a kingdom, even if that meant ruling over the discards of others...

Defending the Land of Pemberley

Defending the countryside from all who would threaten it, our lady of the Yule season is a force to be reckoned with! But the question is, what foe is she fighting?

Grandmother of Shadows

If you solve her riddle she will give you three wishes… But they come with a price. Are you willing to pay it?