“…And Queen Pasiphae's brute-human son,
The Minotaur—of monstrous loves the sign.” – Vergil, The Aeneid.
The idea for this pic started brewing back in April when BeSpoke released their Minotaur head. I thought it might be cool to do something with a Greek Mythology theme, and made a note of it for later. Then Fantasy Faire came out, and I spotted Antaya’s beautiful “Celena” Linen gown. That’s when the idea for the pic really started to come together. It wasn’t until now that I finally got around to creating the pic and editing it in Gimp.
For those of you not
familiar with the myth of the Minotaur, Pasiphaë was a queen, wife to King
Minos of Crete. When King Minos failed to sacrifice a bull to Poseidon, ol’
Poseidon punished him by… Cursing his wife to fall in love with the bull.
No really. I can't make this up! I won’t go to the trouble of describing how Queen Pasiphaë conceived
a child with this bull (you’re going to have to look up that part for yourself),
but she gave birth to the Minotaur, with the head of a bull and body of a man.
The Minotaur had a taste for human flesh, and ended up being housed inside a
huge Labyrinth built by Daedalus, where he stayed until he was slain by Theseus.
Style Credits:
On Bale (Left):
Blood Stain: Addon from (I think) the Lelutka River Head pack
Outfit: .Viki. Claudio – Red
On Lelam (Right):
Head: LeLutka Zora Head
Skin: (Enfer Sombre*) LeLutka Skin Applier – Mocha tone - Akasha
Headdress: :: Antaya :: Pearl tiara <Olivia>
Dress: :: Antaya :: Linen gown “Celena” Fatpack
Background: Synnergy// Broken Temple [360 Animated] Backdrop

Comments
Post a Comment