Skip to main content

Meeting a Very Strange and Enchanting Lady

 

The grey skinned girl was dressed like a proper lady, as if to detract the fact that she clearly wasn’t human; at least not entirely. Moira found herself irresistibly drawn to her. She simply had to get to know her.

This post is inspired by a story I made up when I was young. It’s about a young woman named Nerise who is part human, part Sea Nymph. Her mother was of a race of bipedal sea creatures with webbed hands and feet. When her parents pass away, she is left in the clutches of her cruel human grandfather. She meets and falls in love with Moira, a woman from a noble family who leaves her oppressive life to sail the seas. 

I’ve been feeling nostalgic, not only for some of the media I consumed in my youth, but even more so for the many stories and characters I invented. I took such comfort in telling myself stories to pass the time, and it’s fun to revisit those tales and try to recreate scenes from them.

Golden Hair felt like a perfect location to take pictures of my avatars, and of the scenery itself. I especially loved the bear cave with the cute little pine marten perched out front! I thought it was a perfect touch. I may go back just to relax and soak up the scenery.

First Pic Credits:

On Isidore (at left):

Hair: Analog Dog – Abalone
Head: LOGO Mae Head
Skin: [the Skinnery] Zuri – Bare face (champagne) (this skin is no longer sold!)
Top: Hotdog – Flashy waistcoat . Plain
Pants: Hotdog – Fisherman trousers . Red

On Lelam (at right):

Hair: Lorraine – Alexandrine Hairstyle
Head: LeLutka Zora Head
Skin: (Enfer Sombre*) LeLutka EvoX Skin – Mermaid tone - Hazel
Ears: .:Soul:. Uni Ears [v2] – Mer Long
Finger Webs: _-FAS-_ Webbed Hands
Dress and Shawl: *CG* - Day Gown - Caroline

Taken at Golden Hair (rated General). http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Mordor/120/164/23

 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upcycled Chic at After the Fall

     She was determined to rule a kingdom, even if that meant ruling over the discards of others...

Defending the Land of Pemberley

Defending the countryside from all who would threaten it, our lady of the Yule season is a force to be reckoned with! But the question is, what foe is she fighting?

Grandmother of Shadows

If you solve her riddle she will give you three wishes… But they come with a price. Are you willing to pay it?