While looking for a place where I could take a pic of my outfit from WitchCraft, I stumbled upon What’s Lost Spirits. I’m so glad I did; this place is incredible! I’m sure other people have blogged about this place (much better than I have), but I’m so excited to discover it for myself! More about my experience below…
I was perusing the destination guide and had clicked on the Haunted category when I found What’s Lost Spirits. I was instantly hooked by it’s brief description, stating “Come explore a region of lost dreams, an ongoing project based on a series of vivid nightmares. For more information, visit www.whatslostspirits.com.” And by the thumbnail image, featuring this scene:
Upon teleporting, I found
myself in the region’s Wellness facility, a place with black and white floors and
art deco styling. A nurse would state things over an intercom like “We have a
special place in hel- I-I mean in the wellness facility just for you” (that
made me giggle, I confess). This was a great first impression for me and told
me this was going to be a place rich with fantastical details.
The sim’s website, www.whatslostspirits.com, gives a
lot of information on the nature of dreams and fills you in on the lore of Lost
Spirits. I was impressed with the worldbuilding involved, which even
includes individuals called Walkers with the ability to literally
worldbuild. There are bars where succubi
and other entities enjoy emotions on tap…
…And floating islands
that ferry you to other floating islands.
The sim’s creator, Stabitha,
offers some info at Lost Spirits landing point about how it came into being,
opening up about her mental health and how it influences her dreams, and in
turn, the creation of the region. This really resonated with me, as
someone with mental health struggles of her own.
The land of What’s Lost Spirits is a darkly magical land filled with beautifully surreal imagery, of giant crystals and ruined cityscapes, Dalí-esque Elephants and terrified faces that peer out at you from stony cliff faces. What I’ve shown here in this post doesn’t fully do this incredible place justice, and I strongly suggest checking it out for yourself.
Comments
Post a Comment