Skip to main content

Lady Black

I think a lot of people can guess what show this pays tribute to!

Growing up in the 90s, I loved the show Sailor Moon. However, we didn’t have cable, and the local tv station that aired it only aired the first three seasons, and always out of order (with some episodes missing). However, I found the whole series incredibly fascinating! As I got older, I moved on to other things, and even after we got cable, I never bothered to properly catch up on the show. But I always had a bit of a soft spot for it. 

In case it wasn’t obvious, this picture is a tribute to “Black Lady,” an ‘evil’ version of one of the main characters who appeared in season 2 (I think). I saw a version of her hairstyle by the designer ‘Usagi Society’ at the previous round of Midnight Order, and knew I had to try and put together a look based on her. The fact that so many of the looks sported by the series’ characters are inspired by high fashion is fascinating to me, and the look sported by Black Lady in Sailor Moon was inspired by a 1992 ad campaign for Yves Saint Laurent’s “Opium” perfume.  

I felt Cica Ghost’s “Dark Fairytale” would be a great backdrop for this look. It even features a gorgeous full moon in the background! The pink petals you see floating through the air are something I added in post for a bit of extra magic, but I can assure you the Dark Fairytale sim is already quite magic on its own! I definitely plan on returning to soak in the fantastical atmosphere some more!

Pic Credits:  

Hair: Usagi Society – Black Lady Hair // Solids

Skin: (Enfer Sombre*) LeLutka Evox Skin – Peach tone – Marin

Bindi: ::Love Lace:: Planet Power Bindis

Lipstick: ~Shiny Stuffs~ EvoX Sanguine Gloss 27

Dress: * Sweet Kajira * Ida Black

Boots: Phedora. Andromeda Boots

Taken at Dark fairytale by Cica Ghost (rated moderate). http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Mysterious%20Isle/113/137/26

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upcycled Chic at After the Fall

     She was determined to rule a kingdom, even if that meant ruling over the discards of others...

Defending the Land of Pemberley

Defending the countryside from all who would threaten it, our lady of the Yule season is a force to be reckoned with! But the question is, what foe is she fighting?

Grandmother of Shadows

If you solve her riddle she will give you three wishes… But they come with a price. Are you willing to pay it?