Skip to main content

Summer's Bittersweet End


 Summer's almost over, and Autumn is just around the corner!

A friend of mine introduced me to a beautiful new (to me) sim called Gravenwell, a gorgeous piece of land with a beautiful little medieval-style village and a beautiful castle from Death Row Designs. I had a blast exploring the place, and I definitely need to return to take more pics, but I was really taken with the beautiful little scene you see above, with stone columns, fluttering curtains, and beautiful flowers. 

I wanted to blog a new dress from Poet's Heart, and this seemed like the perfect backdrop for it. Throw in some lace gloves, a cute hat, a lacy parasol, and some sweet spectacles, and you've got a great look for a late summer stroll. The elf ears give it a fantastical edge, methinks! I experimented with a bunch of beautiful EEP settings from Specter Skies; they have two new packs for the current round of Enchantment (it's on until September 1st, so you still have time to catch it)! I absolutely loved all of them, but I ended up going with one of the brighter ones for the purpose of this picture.

I'm a bit sad that summer's ending, I won't lie, but I am looking forward to Autumn! As a child, I used to associate the coming of Autumn with the start of school, so I could never really enjoy it as much as I would have liked to, but now that I'm an adult, I'm able to appreciate it more fully. Also, I don't do well in the summer heat, so the cooler weather will be very welcome. 

Pic Credits:

Dress: Poet’s Heart – Bella – Fatpack (Available at Enchantment, August 9th – September 1st)

Hat: Legna – Muni Hat (Fabric Pack (Available at Anthology, August 21st – September 17th)

Hair: Raven Bell Tempest Hair [NoBun] with Raven Bell Theodora Bangs

Head: LOGO Paris Head

Skin: [theSkinnery] Bobbi (LeLutkaEVOX) peach

Ears: BentBox Sylvan Ears

Gloves: Hypnose – My Gloves Laces Vista&Maitreya Bento

Glasses: [Fetch] Sutton Glasses – Purple (Available at Anthology, August 21st – September 17th)

Parasol: Schadenfreude Cloud Into the Woods Parasol

EEP: Specter Skies EEP Happiness Pack – Specter felicity PBR (Available at Enchantment, August 9th – September 1st)

Taken at Gravenwell (rated Adult). http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Gravenwell/214/198/22


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upcycled Chic at After the Fall

     She was determined to rule a kingdom, even if that meant ruling over the discards of others...

Defending the Land of Pemberley

Defending the countryside from all who would threaten it, our lady of the Yule season is a force to be reckoned with! But the question is, what foe is she fighting?

Grandmother of Shadows

If you solve her riddle she will give you three wishes… But they come with a price. Are you willing to pay it?