Skip to main content

A Case for a Private Eye

My client approached me on a dark rainy night. I remember her saying to me “Please Miss Detective, my husband has been murdered and folks think I did it.” She didn’t seem too broken up about the whole thing, especially considering she’d been flirting with my secretary mere moments ago, but I couldn’t help but feel drawn to her case…

LOL.  I don’t watch a lot of film noirs, so I don’t know how faithful this is to the genre, but I saw this Skybox a while back at Midnight Order (it ended on February 20th, unfortunately) and something in me was screaming at me to get it. From there, I started playing with an idea that snowballed into this. And I dressed all my avies in clothes from L & Co. Clothiers, because I’ve been falling in love with their items lately. 

I must say, the skybox itself is quite stunning, and I’m surprised and thrilled at how low the land impact is. I have limited space for prims on my parcel, so when looking for sets and backdrops for staging scenes, low LI is high on my list. ContraptioN really did a good job on this!

First Pic Credits:

On Cora (left):
Hair and Hat: *Argrace* Straw Fedora/Casey
Cig: #187# 20’s Cigarette Holder
Outfit: L & Co. Clothiers - [The Dietrich] Check Waistcoat & Trousers (Dark)

On Isidore (right):
Hair: (Nylon Outfitters) Veronica Style
Gloves: Maddict - Driving Gloves
Cig: Maraschino - Vintage Vice Cigarette Holder - Ebony (Subscriber Gift)
Dress: L & Co. Clothiers - [The Annette] Afternoon Frock

On Lelam (in background):
Hair: Maraschino - Kiko Hair
Glasses: [noctis] Cracked 1930’s Glasses
Books: Lorien Hold Old Books 2
Outfit: L & Co. Clothiers - [The Charlotte] Pinafore Dress

Set: [ContraptioN] Décor: Pollux Office Skybox Full Set (the backdrop outside the window in the second pic doesn't come with the set, by the way. I found it online using a creative commons Google Image search and uploaded it to put on a prim outside the window, just to add to the scenery).

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upcycled Chic at After the Fall

     She was determined to rule a kingdom, even if that meant ruling over the discards of others...

Exploring the Curious Forgotten Garden

  In my last post about The Forgotten Gardens, I stated that I’d be back to take more pictures and explore the amazing castle. Well, I’ve made good on that promise, and as you can see, I’ve been in the aforementioned castle!

Defending the Land of Pemberley

Defending the countryside from all who would threaten it, our lady of the Yule season is a force to be reckoned with! But the question is, what foe is she fighting?